Powertrends 2018: 13th International Exhibition and Conference on Directions for Energy, Power and Electricity
2018 has seen new developments in the Philippines’ energy sector. The passage of the Tax Reform for Acceleration and Inclusion (TRAIN) Act has enforced new excise taxes on energy fuels, while the establishment of an Independent Market Operator for the local Wholesale Electricity Spot Market (WESM) has shifted a long-standing paradigm. Combined with the issuance of the Renewable Portfolio Standards (RPS), the growing role of Liquid Natural Gas (LNG) as in the gas industry, growing digitization and technological innovation, the country’s energy future is being reshaped. This will also mean more choices for consumers, especially for renewable energy, and changes in underlying business models.
- PowerTrends, focusing on Power Generation, Transmission, Distribution and Management.
- Energy Expo, focusing on Renewable Energy, Natural Gas/LNG, Oil and Gas Exploration, Coal Mining and Processing and Energy Efficiency and Management (including Smart Sustainable Cities)/
- Electech/Lightech, focusing on Electrical Technologies and Lighting focusing on the latest technologies for energy efficiency and lighting.
The Powertrends conference in particular, to take place from September 4-5, 2018, will feature the following general agenda, which is as follows:
Session 1 Demystifying Trends in Energy Mix: Innovation, Evolution or Revolution?
Session 2 Optimal Capacity Mix: Scenario Approach for the Philippines
Session 3 A Look At the Philippine Energy Market: Where Are We Now?
Opportunities and Challenges
Session 4 What Would It Take to Decarbonize the Philippine Energy Industry?
Session 5 Greening the Grid: Integrating RE and Increasing System Reliability
Session 6 Energy Development: A “Must” Support For the Administration’s
Build Build Build Program – Updates on Policies and Regulations
- Being among the first to learn about new plans and policies from national officials.
- Discovering new business opportunities to meet the growing demand for energy in the country.
- Meeting, listening and learning from key decision makers from both the government and private sector, as well as international and local experts.
- Networking and developing connections with other industry experts and managers.
- Gaining a deeper understanding of the present situation and outlook for the power sector, both locally and globally.
- Engaging in the sharing of projects for development.
- Being introduced to the latest technologies on power and energy in the exhibition.
An exhibit of modern technologies on power, energy and electricity, which will also be available for viewing from September 4-6, is free of charge.
Powertrends is the longest running energy show in the Philippines. It is the regular international exhibition with international business forum organized by Leverage International in cooperation with the Department of Energy since 1995, now in partnership with the National Renewable Energy Board (NREB).
About Leverage International (Consultants) Inc.:
Leverage is a Philippine company organized in 1975. It provides a comprehensive range of research, planning, technical and management services to public and private organizations. Recognizing that trade fairs and exhibitions are effective conduits for international trade, investments and technology transfer, Leverage organizes specialized trade exhibitions and business fora and conferences.
Leverage collaborates with other international organizers for international exhibitions in Europe the Middle East and South Africa. It is the Philippine representative of the Hong Kong Trade Development Council for major shows in Hong Kong. Leverage also represents various international shows in Asia.
Leverage is the organizer of major energy events. It has been been organizing the ASEAN Energy Business Forum in the countries of ASEAN (Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, and Vietnam) in collaboration with the ASEAN Centre for Energy. This international conference and exhibition is held in conjunction with the annual ASEAN Ministers of Energy summit.
In the Philippines, Leverage organizes the regular Powertrends series and other important energy and energy-related events in cooperation with the Department of Energy, among which have been the Powertrends Business Forum, the Natural Gas Summit, the Coal Business and Policy Forum and others.